Administrative Assistant - Houston, TX
Performs Project Secretary duties in support of the overall project under close supervision. Assignments are clearly defined and require the application of standard project techniques, procedures, and criteria.
May provide some guidance to less skilled Project Secretarial personnel.
High School graduate and possibly some Technical School
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Entry-level position, general secretarial skills, PC skills utilizing some or all of Microsoft Office Programs, Windows, etc.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintain project files.
- Type project related correspondence.
- Schedule project meetings and conference rooms.
- Order lunches for meetings.
- Type and distribute monthly review reports.
- Perform other general secretarial duties required by the project.
- Assemble project job books, operating manuals, etc.
- Assemble project file boxes and index to prepare for archives.
- Travel arrangements.
- Coordinate project celebration luncheons.
- Coordinate project relocation.
- Order office supplies as needed.
- Coordinate rental vehicles assigned to project.
- Mail distribution.
- Requests for maintenance repairs to Xerox, printers, etc.
- Maintain Client and Project Team Roster.
- Coordinate scheduling safety tests.
- Maintain Safety Training Database in Access.
Ability to read and interpret general business procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to Clients, Project Managers, and Engineers.
General mathematical skills
Normal hearing, the ability to stand, walk, reach, climb and balance, clear close and distance vision, depth perception and the ability to focus. Lifting up to 25 pounds may be required.
Normal work environment will be a business office with moderate noise. Occasionally may be temporarily assigned to work in an operating plant or at a construction site. This may require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, work near moving mechanical parts, construction equipment, vibration, fumes, chemicals and airborne particles.
- URL: https://careers-sbec.icims.com/jobs/4098/administrative-assistant---houston%2c-tx/job?mode=job&iis=Job+Board&iisn=Glassdoor&mobile=false&width=1168&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-360&jun1offset=-300
- Starts On: March 14, 2018, 4:26 p.m.