Employment Status: Full Time Classification: ExemptPosition Summary:
Responsible for performing strategic, process, and policy administrative support for the Business Services department of Primeway FCU. Coordinates and executes the portfolio administrative function including new loan packages, renewals, and file maintenance. Oversees the loan application process from start to finish ensuring all procedures, policies, and documents adhere to Primeway and NCUA guidelines. Serves as the primary contact for incoming calls regarding loan inquiry, applications and business member requests. Funds loans through initial disbursement as well as day-to-day disbursements. Prepares routine business reports and provides support in many other facets of the department. Works with multiple loan officers as well as supporting the Group Director. Maintains thorough knowledge of both Commercial/Business Services and Consumer products and services, policies procedures and regulatory requirements. Duties and Responsibilities
Performs the following tasks, but not limited to:
- Receives all incoming calls from new prospects and existing members with business lending needs. Assigns calls to branch personnel or Business Services Personnel.
- Maintains thorough familiarity with business owners and is the primary contact on a day to day basis.
- Assists front-line team members with questions or issues regarding business accounts/loans.
- Monitors Business Services email and corresponds with members regarding requests.
- Responds to caller’s needs by assembling the appropriate loan application package based on the type and loan amount.
- Meets with and follows up with borrowers to obtain sensitive and confidential information needed to complete loan packages.
- Orders Title Commitments and HUD closing statements.
- Inspects loan documents, Title Commitments, insurance, property inspection reports, appraisal reviews, environmental questionnaires, property inspection reports, disbursements and HUD closing Statements to ensure accuracy and to ensure timely closings.
- Coordinates/Assists with closings, answering technical questions posed by borrower and attorney.
- Assists commercial loan officers/commercial lenders in the preparation of loan documentation.
- Funds loans through Accounting, and/or CUSO and initiates ACH wires in large amounts adhering to deadlines.
- Maintains individual files, including sensitive and confidential information.
- Keeps daily tickler file up to date to help ensure successful NCUA and other audits.
- Maintains daily exception reports and coordinates with loan officers.
- Contacts accounting to pay or return ACH or Check items based on review of account.
- Provides business lenders with list of their upcoming renewals and past due loans, assists in contacting business members regarding past due loan payments.
- Assists in opening/updating loan applications and deposit accounts, booking and funding loans.
- Service completed loan files. Update account records.
- Log new business closed on tracking sheet and Loan Servicing tracing sheet and add any applicable commercial real estate loans to HMDA tracking sheet. Updates monthly analysis reports and makes necessary corrections.
- Contact lender/member for any missing information or documents needed.
- Contact members and obtain updated proof of insurance coverage for policies that have lapsed.
- Prepares and mails Adverse Action letters.
- Provide account maintenance.
- Process member payments insuring timely, accurate postings.
- Provide loan pay-offs on loans.
- Verifies through Corelation that deposit accounts have been opened properly and that Member and Product Due Diligence has been performed correctly.
- Maintain past due property taxes spread sheet and contact past due members for proof of payment.
- Any duties deemed necessary by the Group Director of Business Services to assist in the management and organization of the Business Services department.
High School diploma or GED. Experience and Other Requirements:
Three to Five years of similar or related experience. Business Services Competencies:
Must possess exceptional knowledge and understanding of financial institution guidelines and all aspects of business lending. Computer Skills:
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint. Interpersonal Skills:
Must demonstrate professionalism, must be able to handle complex member inquiries in an assertive and tactful manner. Must be able to establish and meet deadlines. Must be able manage a number of priorities simultaneously and perform the job with accuracy and attention to detail.