||Facilities Services, Custodial Operations Supervisor and Manager
||Auxiliary (Skilled Labor)
||See Compensation Plan - Auxiliary Support Staff
||Follow routine cleaning and maintenance procedures to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations and grounds. Perform custodial work such as sweeping, mopping, polishing floors, remove trash, cleaning of furniture and perform minor maintenance repairs.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Custodial experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to speak and read Basic English. Ability to read and understand instructions for cleaning, maintenance and safety procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with school administrators, students, staff, contractors, vendors and community.
- Clean and neat appearance.
- Ability to complete custodial work, such as, mopping, buffing, lifting (up to 50 lbs.), moving furniture, etc.
- Ability to work on eight (8) foot ladder.
- Ability to operate custodial and related equipment.
|Major Duties and
Maintenance and Repair:
- Maintain a cleaning schedule that will include cleaning of floors, chalkboards, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment and restrooms. Check restrooms periodically during the day, clean as needed, fill all paper towel and toilet tissue dispensers. Keep walls, window glass, doors, light fixtures, ledges etc., cleaned as needed.
- Dust, mop inside hallways at assigned times.
- Keep school building and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots and play areas, neat and clean.
- Sweep, or blow off walkways outside the building daily and pick up litter around building daily.
- Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and request additional supplies as needed.
- Clean custodial equipment and closet daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist with lunchroom set up, including arranging tables and chairs. Set up for and work around any meetings or special activities that may be in session during working hours.
- Perform preventive maintenance to ensure the comfort, health and safety of students and staff. Report immediately any plumbing problems, needed building repairs or emergency situations to the campus Foreman.
- Regulate heat, ventilation and air conditioning systems to provide appropriate temperatures and ensure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity.
- Make minor building repairs as needed and report major repair needs to foreman, or supervisor.
- Move furniture or equipment within building as directed by foreman. Principal.
- Assist in setting up facilities for special events.
- Assist with opening and closing building each school day.
- Follow established procedures for locking, checking and safeguarding all areas of building at appropriate time.
- Check daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during hours of building occupancy.
- Inspect machines and equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Report all unsafe conditions and correct accordingly notify foreman, or supervisor immediately if unable to correct.
- Help keep tools and equipment in safe operating condition.
- When requested by a Custodial Supervisor, Foreman or Lead Person your hours, assignment and location may change based on campus and district needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
||Buffer, auto scrubber stripper, wet and dry vacuum cleaner, electric drill, leaf blower, hand tools, shampooer.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Working alone and with co-workers.
- Frequent walking, standing, climbing, and heavy lifting and carrying.
- Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, and ladders.
- Occasional overtime required and sometimes mandatory in the event of an emergency.
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and materials.
||Click Apply then Login. To complete your application, please visit our website at http://www.springbranchisd.com and click on CAREERS then APPLY NOW / AUXILIARY (SKILLED LABOR).
|Spring Branch Independent School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title IX and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status or disability.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.