||Maintenance Department Supervisor
||Auxiliary (Skilled Labor)
||See Compensation Plan - Auxiliary Support Staff
||Perform the full range of duties associated with installation, maintenance and repair of electrical equipment in all SBISD Facilities in safe and proper condition in accordance with the National Electrical Code and all other applicable safety codes. This employee may serve as the technical expert in electrical equipment installations. Employees at this level reviews and makes recommendations to optimize electrical power usage. This employee is expected to resolve most issues. Work is performed independently under general supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years technical school in kitchen equipment or mechanical equipment preferred.
- Valid current State of Texas Maintenance or Journeyman Electrical license.
- Valid current Class “C” Texas Drivers License.
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow employees and community.
- Ability to work well with peers, managers and in a crew environment.
- Proficient in the use of specialized test and process equipment.
- Working knowledge of electricity.
- Working knowledge of the practices, methods, materials and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment.
- Capable of making independent, on the spot, “safe to operate” decisions to ensure a safe and secure environment regarding safety of students, staff and public.
- Working knowledge and ability to review and understand electrical drawings, blueprints, wiring diagrams and schematics involving existing and / or new construction.
- Minimum five (5) years experience required.
|Major Duties and
|Maintenance and Repair:
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment problems, determines parts needed and work procedures.
- Perform specialized test and process equipment.
- Complete daily man-hour logs and other required documentation.
- Maintain an inventory and itemize costs on each job.
- Make purchasing recommendations to supervisor.
- Oversee the delivery of and the safe and proper installation of new equipment.
- Repair or replace lighting controls, switches, fuses and electrical wiring.
- Maintain, repair and install electrical distribution, sub-distribution and branch circuits.
- Maintain inventory of district supplied tools, equipment and materials. Work with building staff and supervisors to complete projects.
- Respond to emergency calls during regular hours and after hours.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance.
- Safely operate and maintain tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Review electrical equipment specifications.
- Capable of making independent, on the spot, “safe to operate” decisions regarding safety of students and staff.
- Correct unsafe conditions or report any conditions that are not correctable to immediate supervisor.
- Participate in cross training.
- Act as Project Lead when asked to do so.
- Adhere to all federal, state and municipal laws, regulations or codes and local board and departmental policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
||Laptops, test meters, ladders, hoist, hand and power tools, special diagnosing devices, aerial lifts, scaffolds, bucket truck, pipe benders and vehicles.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Continual standing, walking, pushing and pulling.
- Standing, walking, climbing (stairs, ladder, scaffold, or ramps), balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, pulling, pushing, reaching and driving truck or van.
- Physical ability to lift 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to perform extensive physical and repetitive activities.
- Working hours may be modified at the discretion of supervisory personnel.
- Overtime/after hour repairs may be necessary or required.
- Frequent district wide travel.
- Moderate exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Work around electrical power lines, outside and inside.
||Click Apply then Login. To complete your application, please visit our website at http://www.springbranchisd.com and click on CAREERS then APPLY NOW / AUXILIARY (SKILLED LABOR).
|Spring Branch Independent School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title IX and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status or disability.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.