||Grounds Worker - Athletics Department
||Manager of Athletic Grounds
||Auxiliary (Skilled Labor)
||See Compensation Plan - Auxiliary Support Staff
||Responsible for maintaining the grounds of all facilities in a pleasing and professional manner, conducive to a better educational environment.
- Minimum ninth (9) grade education or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to obtain an herbicide applicators license.
- Valid current Class “C” Texas driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain a license to operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to work well with peers and managers.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to safely operate and maintain grounds equipment.
- Work well in a crew environment.
- Ability to perform extensive physical and repetitive activities, including but not limited to pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, carrying and the regular lifting of 105 pounds.
- Minimum one (1) year experience operating grounds equipment and large mowers.
|Major Duties and
|Grounds and Landscaping:
- Maintain grounds in a manner to maximize their use.
- Mow and detail all district grounds, including athletic fields.
- Care for trees, shrubs and flowers by watering, pruning, fertilizing, mulching, caring for beds and controlling weeds.
- Plant shrubs and vegetation.
- Assist with the preparation of athletic fields for games, including chalking fields.
- Water grounds and apply fertilizer.
- Collect and dispose of leaves, dirt, rubbish and refuse from district facilities.
- Assist with the inspection, repair and installation of sprinkler systems.
- Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Help keep vehicle, equipment and tools in safe operating condition.
- Inspect and adjust tools and equipment for safety and efficiency and perform preventive maintenance as needed.
- Transport workers and equipment to work sites throughout the district.
- Transport and/or set up equipment for social, athletic or other SBISD activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
||Tractor and mower, riding and power mower, gas-powered weed trimmer, blower, edger, sprayer, striping machine, garden and hand tools, posthole auger, aerator. Light truck or van.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Continual standing, walking, pushing and pulling.
- Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling and climbing (ladder), moderate lifting and carrying.
- Occasional overtime is required.
- Work for continuous or extended periods of time.
- Exposure to sun, heat, cold, poor weather conditions and/or mechanical equipment noise.
- Exposure to chemicals (herbicides and fertilizer).
- Work outside and around moving objects or vehicles.
||Click Apply then Login. To complete your application, please visit our website at http://www.springbranchisd.com and click on CAREERS then APPLY NOW / AUXILIARY (SKILLED LABOR).
|Spring Branch Independent School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title IX and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status or disability.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.