Housekeeping Coordinator /THE POST OAK HOTEL AT UPTOWN HOUSTON
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston is the city’s first elite destination for elegant accommodations and high-rise living, masterfully blended with extensive meeting space, prominent office space, designer fashion, fine dining and sophisticated amenities all in one tower. The 700,000 square-foot tower will show case over 250 luxury hotel rooms, more than 150,000 square-feet of boutique office space and 20 executive residences, all with dramatic interior finishes and unobstructed views of the surrounding neighborhoods and Downtown. The 38-story building will also feature an elegant and expansive ballroom, the largest in the Uptown area that is prominently located in the Galleria and Uptown Houston area along West Loop South with convenient access from Loop 610.
The Post Oak Hotel is seeking an experienced Housekeeping Coordinator to join our new hotel team. With the hotel scheduled to open in 2018, the first months of employment will be preparing the hotel for opening. Housekeeping Coordinator will be responsible for administering and coordinating housekeeping functions in the housekeeping office and serving as receptionist. Support Managers to reach department goals. Providing attentive, courteous, efficient and personalized service to all guests. Follow all The Post Oak Hotel’s/ the Forbes 5 star processes and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow all the Forbes 5 star processes and standards.
- As a Colleague at The Post Oak Hotel, you are expected to 'live' the Service Roots Mission, Vision, and Behaviors on every shift with every Guest and each other.
- Run sold room reports, verify room status, determine discrepant rooms, prioritize room cleaning, and update status of departing guest rooms.
- Assist Housekeeping management in managing daily activities.
- Act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Engineering, Front Office, and Laundry.
- Document and resolve issues with discrepant rooms with the Front Desk.
- Prepare and distribute assignment sheets/work boards to Housekeeping staff.
- Record, monitor, and update list of 'Do Not Disturb' rooms.
- Ensure that vacant dirty rooms are cleaned by the necessary time and assign rush rooms and rooms previously on the 'Do Not Disturb' list.
- Complete required Housekeeping paperwork.
- Follow all The Post Oak Hotel’s safety and security policies and procedures.
- Report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries.
- Complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to The Post Oak Hotel’s/ the Forbes 5 star standards.
- Anticipate and address guests' service needs.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Prepare and review written documents accurately and completely.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors/Managers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- 1 year of experience preferred
- Hotel opening experience preferred.
- Knowledge in and or experience with Forbes 5 Star service standards is preferred.
- URL: https://www.hcareers.com/job/hotel-resort-housekeeping-coordinator-334722
- Starts On: March 27, 2018, 4:26 p.m.