|This position provides customers with accurate METRO bus service and route information, effectively handles customer requests, in regards to METRO's Q Card Help Line and lost and found. The customer service representative must possess effective public relations skills and professionalism in order to interact with customers in a courteous manner that positively represents METRO. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
|Responsibilities and Specific Duties:|
- Provides accurate trip planning information (using a computerized database for research); Recommends and explains best bus route options to customers in response to their route inquiries.
- Relays accurate information to the customer regarding time schedules, bus stop locations, fares, detours, special events, changes/improvements in service and other relevant information regarding various METRO programs.
- Processes and fulfills customer requests for schedules, system maps, faxes and other METRO information.
- Assists the public via information phone lines including the TDD/TTY equipment for the hearing impaired.
- Answers customer inquiries regarding lost articles.
- Assists customers via telephone and face to face providing excellent customer service using standard scripts and procedures.
- Understands the Q Card system and can explain the card's functions, providing detailed customer transactions and guidelines.
- Contributes back up support to the Administrative Reception area as required.Answers METRO customer calls and routes to the appropriate department as requested by the customer in an efficient, timely, and professional manner.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures and provisions of the department and department.
- Meets acceptable KPI (Key Performance Indicators) level(s) for the position.
- Responds to incoming e-mails (both internal and external) in a timely and professional manner.
- May attend community public meetings or seminars as requested.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminateaccidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements:|
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum two (2) years of related experience in a customer service field; experience with Microsoft Office environment; understanding and practice of phone etiquette, good telephone voice and proficient spelling skills; ability to effectively deal with the general public including patience with potentially irate customers
Ability to communicate with all levels of individuals in person and during telephone conversations using tact and diplomacy. Ability to manage the workload including planning, organizing, prioritizing, meet deadlines and follow through. Proficient with Microsoft Office software applications. Ability to read maps and schedules. Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
|The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.