Accounts Payable Clerk
Requisition ID: 2018-2965
JBT Aerotech Services is an industry leading, dedicated provider of Maintenance Services to Airlines throughout North America. Our maintenance services cover the full range of service from 24 hour, 7 day per week on site service and emergency call out to periodic maintenance of equipment based on technical visits quarterly, semi-annually and/or annually with supplementary emergency support and call out as needed.
Our expertise comprises:
Gate System Equipment - maintenance and repair of covering bridges, 400Hz, PC Air, Bag Slides, and Visual Docking Guidance System.
Baggage System Equipment - maintenance and repair of claim and re-claim devices, sortation systems, control systems, transfer belt systems and inline inspection systems.
Facilities Maintenance - building HVAC, fire alarms and suppression, lighting, structural, plumbing and carpentry
The AP Clerk is responsible for assisting in invoice processing; including entry of invoices, problem resolution and processing of manual / exception payments along with daily and monthly balancing and reconciling activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by scanning and filing documents.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Utilize AP tools to drive invoice processing, approvals, payments, efficiencies and compliance
- Data entry into payable systems
- Processing of vendor credit memos
- Manual check preparation
- Complete month-end tasks; specifically journal entries and reconciliations
- Reconcile / analyze general ledger accounts
- Record retention, tracking and reporting for tax purposes
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate higher level / more complex issues to AP Accountant and/or AP Manager
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- At least 1 year of related professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in accounting and financial systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in interfacing with business customers in resolving payment issues
- Specialized Knowledge, Equipment, and Applications:
- Functional knowledge of the AP accounting processes
- Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Understanding of internal control elements
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Performance Measures
- Speed and accuracy of processing supplier invoices and employee expense reimbursement requests
- Compliance effectiveness
- OTHER INFORMATION
- Work Environment- Office Environment
- Physical Demands- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Frequent computer and phone use. Requires repetitive finger motion and fine finger manipulation when typing.
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Type of Supervision Position works under: (close, moderate, minimal) This position works under minimal supervision relying on knowledge and experience to make decisions.
- Relationship Responsibilities- Interacts with all departments at multiple locations at all levels of the organization
- Maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards by properly using protective equipment, safe operation of all machinery, tools, and equipment as well as following safety rules at all times.
- This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of JBT AeroTech are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
- Starts On: April 17, 2018, 11:28 a.m.