Metrix is the preferred supplier of industrial condition monitoring systems to many of the world’s leading manufacturers and users of cooling towers, gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, and other rotating and reciprocating machinery. With headquarters in Houston, Texas, we operate in more than 40 countries via factory-direct sales and service professionals, along with a strategic network of instrumentation partners. We pioneered the concept of simple, affordable machinery protection with our seismic measurement technology. Initially focused on geophysical exploration, this technology also found abundant applications for vibration measurements on industrial machines and has been our focus for 50 years. Metrix operates as a unit of Roper Industries, Inc. a diversified growth company and a constituent of the S&P 500, Fortune 1000, and the Russell 1000 indices.
- Assemble various mechanical and/or electrical instruments in accordance with set timelines and the assembly print and procedure for each product.
- Solder electronic components, as required.
- Ensure assembly is in adherence to ISO-9001 practice and procedures.
- Verify inventory by insuring the BOM for each product and assemble according to work order instructions.
- Complete and turn in daily production report at the end of each shift.
- Maintain a clean and organized production area.
- Train employees on job functions and safety requirements, as needed.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures and organize work areas for efficiency and safety.
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required.
- Work efficiently and adhere to all quality practices consistently.
- Keep a cooperative attitude with team leaders and co-workers.
Education and Experience:
- High School degree or equivalent, required.
- Two plus years’ experience with manufacturing light assembly
- Three plus years soldering experience specifically on electrical circuit boards, required.
- Must be able to follow detailed assembly instructions and processes, required.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and prints.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow relevant assembly, testing, and QMS procedures.
- Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock when in the operations or laboratory areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but due to open office environment noise level may occasionally be high.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability
- URL: https://careers-metrix.icims.com/jobs/4874/assembler/job
- Starts On: Jan. 27, 2017, 10:53 a.m.