Facility Maintenance Manager
The Facility Maintenance Manager - known internally as a Facility Operations Manager is responsible for management of all facility operations such as ensuring all repairs needed are completed in a timely manner, performing routine monthly and annual inspections, ensuring that all permits are renewed and checking areas daily for replenishment of resources and supplies to maintain normal business practices.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Perform multiple site specific operations and should be able to use various pieces of equipment to include a forklift and scissor-lift.
- Review all invoices and services for areas to reduce cost and to ensure the best possible service is being received.
- Work in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that all facility items are in compliance. This includes updating the Facility Report and attending the Facility Weekly Meeting.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager to continue to develop and enhance the facilities throughput and operation. Conduct daily inspections of the facility to make sure everything is in good working order.
- Analyzes and reviews P&L facility costs in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager.
- Ensure that employees, visitors and contractors follow and maintain all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure, understand and has ownership for area specific permits and required compliance standards.
- Maintains daily production goals for multiple groups and ensures execution. This includes making sure all areas are stocked on resources and replenish if needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment.
- Review all applicable SOP’s. Maintain site specific safety plans. Hold annual evacuation drills and monthly inspection of safety notification/incident equipment.
- Required after hours on-call for facility incidents and/or allow entrance into the facility based on need.
- Assists other facilities in the Region with cost analysis and make determinations on possible cost reduction areas.
- Perform minor electrical, plumbing and carpentry work.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- 3-5 years of facility operations experience
- Knowledge of HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Generators, Cranes and Landscaping.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
- Requires forklift and scissor-lift experience
- Requires standing, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching, speaking, listening, or smelling.
- Requires sitting, climbing, walking, lifting, grasping, crawling, near vision acuity.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico. We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
To learn more about our company visit us at www.cleanharbors.com
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
- Starts On: April 17, 2018, 11:28 a.m.