Senior Accountant (Sugar Land)
Senior Accountant (Sugar Land )
- Location: Sugar Land, TX
Advance Polybag Inc. (API) specializes in the design and manufacture of plastic retail bags for supermarkets, convenience stores, fast food restaurants and other retailers nationwide. API is known in the industry for its excellent quality, service and printing. Established in 1986, today we are one of the world's largest manufacturers of polyethylene bags with sales offices in Chicago, Columbus (OH), Los Angeles and Houston.
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the individual selected will be responsible for accounting and reporting activities and will require the application of accounting theory and practice on a daily basis. The individual selected will interact with all levels within the organization and will work with plant and corporate personnel in carrying out assigned duties. The position will be located in our corporate office in Sugar Land, TX.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to review and edit audited financial statements and footnotes for accuracy, completeness and proper presentation.
- Drive monthly and year-end G/L closing for multiple locations to include preparing, reviewing and approving journal entries based on approval matrix.
- Ensure transactions are in accordance with applicable company policies and procedures, are properly approved, and are recorded in compliance with current accounting standards.
- Prepare working papers, schedules and reports to support work performed.
- Examine documentation to verify accuracy of computations.
- Perform balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations.
- Analyze drivers of business results and report findings to management.
- Assist with and make recommendations for development of analytical tools, measurements, and reports that help drive improvement across plants, divisions and departments.
- Assist in the development, implementation and improvement of processes and procedures across the organization.
- Participate in various system implementations that drive improved reporting and organizational performance.
- Other accounting and finance tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate shall possess the following:
- 2-3 years of recent public accounting experience in the preparation and review of audited financial statements. Public accounting experience should have been audit focused.
- BS / BA degree in accounting from an accredited college or university.
- CPA or Advanced degree highly desired.
- Manufacturing experience is highly desired but not required.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communication with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with poise and professionalism, while also maintaining attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to work with a hands-on approach to all aspects of the process.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong emphasis on Excel.
- Experience in Microsoft Navision desirable
- Assertive, action oriented nature.
- Collaborative and team oriented.
- Starts On: Jan. 20, 2017, 11:51 a.m.