is a leading national provider of technical services to the electric utility, power generation, industrial, renewable and energy industries. These services include planning and systems studies, design and engineering, maintenance and testing, program management, construction, and turnkey EPC projects. Built on 50 years of experience handling large scale complex projects; Dashiell is unique in that we are a turnkey Engineering, Construction, and Testing company that specializes in medium and high voltage electrical infrastructure.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is out of the Houston office located at 12301 Kurland Drive Suite 400, Houston, Texas 77034.Summary
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for performing the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions that include maintaining assigned vendor accounts with timely and accurate data entry, vendor statement reconciliations, vendor relations and cash disbursements of accounts assigned to his or her control.
Minimum of three years' experience working in an office setting is required. At least two years' experience working in Accounts Payable is preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Associate's Degree in Business, Accounting, or equivalent field is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated attention to detail to accurately process invoices and review data entry
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Proven communication skills, both oral and written, to convey thoughts, ideas, and facts to a diverse group of individuals from co-workers, managers, and employees of other divisions
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment to meet all deadlines
Duties & Responsibilities
- Distributes invoices for approval to proper associates with organization.
- Prepares invoices for data entry including general ledger coding as required.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to data entry based on our organization’s policies and procedures.
- Communicates with satellite offices, vendors, and within the organization, regarding identified issues with accounts payable invoices.
- Verify sales tax on invoices is accurate and communicates with Assistant Controller and CFO any identified issues with tax on invoices that are out of the norm
- Data entry of invoices for assigned vendors and review data entry of local co-workers and satellite locations for accuracy
- Assist other companies/divisions with any issues that they may have regarding invoices and processes
- Process out-of cycle disbursements, weekly and mid-monthly checks and wires with Assistant.
- Prepare checks for distribution and maintain filing of documentation in vendor files
- Handle communications with vendors regarding statements, invoice payment inquiries, invoices not received, etc
- Maintain database (Excel file) of various vendor portal logon/password in secure AP spreadsheet
- Assist with compiling audit documentation
- Tie-out intra-company invoices with Accounts Receivable and generate offsetting invoice so offset can be performed within accounting system
- Perform vendor offsets as needed
- Perform Accounts Receivable Customer Master file setups based on documentation received from AR department
- Monitor on-hold invoices and credit items within Accounts Payable.
- Perform general ledger entries and imports
- Initiate the collection of invoices to be reported to Corporate office at month-end (A7) within the company.
- Assist with any month-end close items as required
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Dashiell provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. The Company provides life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long term disability insurance and an employee assistance plan at no cost to the employee. Benefit offerings also include a choice of traditional PPO or one of two HDHPs, with corresponding FSA or HSA, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, short-term disability insurance, critical illness insurance, a 401K with immediate vesting, and more.
Must be at least 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.More information about Dashiell can be found at www.dashiell.com.