Warehouse - Distributor
- Description: Glenaire VenturesForklift Operator/Material HandlerID: 1061Department: Houston, TXSummary
Responsible for safely transporting building product material off and on trailers or rail cars and identifying damaged material. Responsible for product identification and product loading/unloading/storage for detailed finished and standard product handling.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Responsible for transporting material off and on trailers or rail cars. Stores and retrieves material (piece pick and/or bulk).
- Responsible for efficiently and safely loading trailers for transport of material in accordance with routing solution.
- Identifies damaged material.
- Documents inbound and outbound transactions.
- Performs daily maintenance of equipment and area cleaning requirements.
- Responsible for basic equipment maintenance (horn, flashing beacon, fluid levels, fire extinguisher, fueling, personnel protective equipment (PPE), proper packaging).
- Normally works Monday through Friday schedule.
- One year of recent forklift/warehouse experience.
- Safe work record and stable work history.
- Ability to proficiently and safely use forklift to transport product, load/unload trucks
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs using safe lifting techniques
- Ability to read/comprehend sales order, purchase orders, safety material,etc.
- Knowledge of loading/unloading/storage requirements.
- Knowledge of damage identification procedures and safety forklift operations techniques.
- Starts On: Feb. 28, 2018, 4:26 p.m.