Under the direction of the US Controller or Assistant Controller, Corrpro Companies, Inc. is looking for a Credit Associate to perform credit and collection activities with the objective of maximizing collections, minimizing DSO and fostering quality customer service.
Corrpro Companies, Inc., a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is North America's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure. For more details, visit www.corrpro.com.
- Investigate and advise on credit worthiness of customers using credit reporting agencies, trade and bank references
- Review and clear AR subledger of reconciling items
- Establish and maintain communication with national customer base to:
- ensure receipt of invoices and supporting documentation
- inquire on payment status
- assist with issues or disputes that may delay payments
- Conduct periodic reviews of AR subledger with local office Management and other personnel, providing updates on the progress of collection efforts and escalating issues when appropriate
- Maintain appropriate documentation of collection activities
- Assist with preparing lien waivers
- Advise Controller on potential bad debt write offs
- Assist with gathering documentation for quarterly and annual financial audits and for periodic internal audits
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum Associates degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or other related discipline or equivalent experience is required
- 1-3 years of related commercial credit experience required
- Experience in construction industry and a working knowledge of liens and construction bonds preferred
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Effective and persuasive communicator with excellent communication skills
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills required
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, minimum intermediate level Excel skills
- JDE experience a significant plus
- Able to work individually and in a team environment to meet monthly deadlines and goals
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, and much more.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
- Starts On: Jan. 20, 2017, 11:51 a.m.