Customer Service Representative
JOB SUMMARY: Interacts with customers to provide information in response to general inquiries while ensuring delivery of excellent customer service through fast and accurate processing of communications. Performs a variety of semi-routine support activities in the customer service function in areas such as maintenance, creative services, duplication, procurement, and transportation. Coordinates with other departments, vendors and schools to resolve complaints.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
List most important duties first
- Receives, evaluates, and answers customers’ inquiries in a timely manner. Enters and tracks information in automated databases.
- Refers unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Checks to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems as well as vendor, department and school issues.
- Assists supervisor with follow up and settlement of customer inquiries.
- Provides administrative support to department.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
WORK EXPERIENCE: 1 to 3 years
TYPE OF SKILL AND/OR REQUIRED LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: PeopleSoft, HTML, Microsoft Office, Office equipment (e.g., computer, copier)
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: No supervisory or direct people management responsibilities. May provide occasional work guidance, technical advice and training to staff.
WORK COMPLEXITY/INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT: Work involves the application of moderately complex procedures and tasks that are quite varied. Independent judgment is often required to select and apply the most appropriate of available resources. Ongoing supervision is provided on an "as needed" basis.
BUDGET AUTHORITY: No budget development activity is required.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Decisions are made on routine matters affecting few individuals and usually within the confines of the job's own department. Specific job activities and results are typically reviewed closely. There are limited requirements for developing new ideas or changes in methods, procedures or services.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS: Follows rules and procedures. Decisions can have minimal or no impact to HISD. Errors can be readily detected, usually by the employee, and, if made, would result in minor expense for correction.
COMMUNICATION/INTERACTIONS: Information sharing - gives and receives information such as options, technical direction, instructions and reporting results. Interactions are mostly with customers, own supervisor and coworkers in own and other departments.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS: Takes routine or required customer actions to meet customer needs. Responds promptly and accurately to customer complaints, inquiries and requests for information and coordinates appropriate follow-up. May handle escalated issues passed on from coworkers or subordinates.
WORKING/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements. Ability to carry and/or lift less than 15 pounds.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Developer, ERP, Administrative Assistant, PeopleSoft, Technology, Administrative
- URL: https://jobs.houstonisd.org/job/Houston-Customer-Service-Representative-TX-77001/388400500/?feedId=183600&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=HISD_Indeed
- Starts On: Feb. 2, 2017, 2:30 p.m.