JOB TITLE: Material Assembler
JOB CITY: Houston
JOB STATE: Texas
About TEAM Industrial Services:
Team Industrial Services, Inc. is the worldwide leader in minimizing equipment and asset downtime, providing specialized industrial on-line maintenance, inspection and repair. We provide critical services to our customers that enable them to maintain and operate their facilities and equipment in a safe and productive manner with over 220 locations throughout the world.
At Team, we invest in our employees with the top training and development resources, meeting the needs of the company and the employee. In a constantly evolving industry, Team remains a leader in innovation and service leadership.
The Shop Assembler is responsible for producing components by assembling parts and subassemblies.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concern
- Performs all duties as assigned and adheres to TEAM’s Core Values.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, engineering specifications, and parts lists and gathers materials.
- Assembles components by examining connections and fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications and communicates with appropriate shop personnel.
- Maintains equipment and supplies inventory to ensure operational capabilities.
- Documents all assembly activity and evaluation.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Travel Requirements: 0% - 25%
- Position is based out of a branch or site location.
- Field duties require indoor and outdoor work in a plant atmosphere
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds
- Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field duties
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations
- Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells
- Ability to maintain focus and multitask effectively
- Excellent communication skills
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
- Starts On: April 17, 2018, 11:28 a.m.