Media Relations Rep 1
Enhances the image of the university by representing the university to the local and national media.
QualificationsBachelors and 3 years experience
- Responds to media requests for information and interviews.
- Interviews students, staff and faculty to write and edit news releasesmedia advisories, and tip sheets.
- Coordinates and executes press conferences and media availabilities.
- Monitors news events for potential media opportunities.
- Writes, edits and disseminates news stories about the university to the media to promote the university's activities.
- Fosters and maintains positive working relationships with administrators and faculty and stays apprised of newsworthy activities to provide communications support through the media.
- Fosters and maintains positive working relationships with representatives of key media outlets.
- Researches and identifies new opportunities for positive media exposure for the university.
- Creates and maintains press lists. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.Salary: $3,442.00 - $4,388.00Required Attachments by Candidate: Resume
- Starts On: April 17, 2018, 11:28 a.m.