Reading Tutor, Saturdays-Houston
We are seeking passionate and driven tutors for a part- time position for the 2016-2017 academic school year! Tutors will have the opportunity to tutor from 8AM to 12PM including paid planning time.
School: Elementary school in the 77057 zip code
Schedule: January - End of School Year, Applicants must commit to all Saturdays
Times: 8:00 am- 12:00 pm
Tutoring Subjects: Elementary level Reading and/or Middle school level Reading
Description: Small group tutoring, aprox. 5 students per session
Action Potential Learning is seeking part- time elementary to middle school Level Reading Tutors in the Houston area to support struggling students within local schools by providing targeted instruction and helping to grow students academically. Action Potential Learning is an intervention and enrichment education company that helps connect math, science, and literacy learning to real world applications by pairing students with experienced educators and real- world professionals who have a strong record of academic achievement. We are dedicated to helping students achieve intellectual growth, curiosity, and improved academic performance and seek motivated and positive individuals that love inspiring students and wish to improve education.
As an in- school tutor, you will provide intervention support to students by working with small groups of 1 to 5 students in the subjects of reading and writing (both elementary and middle school levels available). This assignment is located within a K-8 Schools within the 77057 zip code. Tutors will travel to the school and administer tutoring sessions. We provide paid training on math strategies, content, management strategies and pedagogy with continuous support and growth opportunities throughout the year. As a provider of private tutoring, school tutoring, and enrichment classes and programs, we also provide the opportunity for additional job opportunities within our company throughout the year. Tutors with instructional experience in a school setting are preferred, but not required.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or in Pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree
- Strong GPA in a literacy or related area
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus but not required
- Ability to pass a basic subject lesson during the interview process
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and fingerprinting
- Have reliable transportation and car insurance and willing to travel to Houston area school(s)
- Professional experience, graduate degree, or tutoring/ teaching experience a plus
- Reside within Houston, TX or a surrounding suburb and able to travel to the school(s)
All qualified applicants will be subject to a background check during the interview process. This application is for multiple job opportunities within schools in the Houston area. Specific school availability and options will be discussed at the interview and discussed in greater detail if an offer is extended.
- URL: https://www.aplearning.com/tutoring-jobs/item/school-reading-tutor-houston-1-17.html
- Starts On: Jan. 27, 2017, 8:42 a.m.