Landscaping / Grounds Crew Member
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Founded in 1969, Endeavors,TM Inc.(previously known as Family Endeavors, Inc.) is a national non-profit agency that provides an array of programs and services to support children, families, Veterans and those struggling with disabilities. Through our very practical programs, we have grown to provide help to over 18,000 people each year. Our services unify families torn apart by poverty, unemployment, catastrophes, or neglect by providing real, practical solutions and a path to stability and well being.
Endeavors is a family of Programs that uses creative ideas interwoven with measurable outcomes to build social and common good; we empower people to build better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities.
We strive to Operationalize Quality and ensure we embed our mission and values throughout our culture, services and systems so they are true at every level, at any distance and at all times. Endeavors Employees work constantly to be the brightest and best equipped; provide Extraordinary Customer Service that Measurably Improve the Lives & Livelihoods of our Customers and deliver services in the most Financially Efficient manner that brings Sustainment & Growth.
POSITION Landscaping/Grounds Crew Member - EU (Ellington Field - Houston, Texas) FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-Time EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-Exempt SHIFT Days NUMBER OF OPENINGS 1 CATEGORY Environmental Services LOCATION EU - Ellington Field (Houston, Texas) DESCRIPTION
Endeavors Unlimited, which is a division of Endeavors is dedicated to training, supporting and employing individuals with disabilities so that they can achieve a life full of stability, successes and self-sufficiency!
Preferential hiring considerations give to those with documented disabilities to be in compliance with TIBH/Ability One Contracts. Highly encourage individuals with a disability to apply!!!!!
Location: Ellington Field - Houston, Texas
- Full Time w/FCE benefits
- $12.00 per hour (depending on experience) - potential to increase after 90 days
- Work Monday - Friday; Usually 8am-4pm
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains lawns and trees using power equipment
- Seeds and fertilizes lawns, trims and picks flowers and cleans flower beds, litter pickup; Waters lawns, trees, and plants, using portable sprinkler system, hose, or watering can
- Hauls or spreads topsoil, and spreads straw over seeded soil to hold soil in place; Digs holes for plants, mixes fertilizer or lime with dirt in holes, inserts plants, and fills holes with dirt, Decorates garden with stones and plants
- Debris removal and litter pickup
- *Custodial task support will be required (company will train; no experience necessary).
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- MUST have valid Driver’s License
- MUST pass background check
- Ability to sustain physical work outside in the Texas heat and/cold for long periods at a time; Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to operate and Ability to operate hand/power tools (to 25 pounds) and manipulate small pieces
- Ability to lift, stack, load and move up to 50 pounds from varied heights
- Ability to use control motorized landscaping equipment; example: mowing equipment (Zero Turn mower, push mower, weed eater, blower, hedge trimmer) operating ride-along landscaping equipment.
- Ability to safely tow a two-axle trailer preferred.
- Punctual, high integrity/morals, respects authority & property, self-motivated & sustaining
EOE STATEMENT Endeavors, Inc. (previously known as Family Endeavors, Inc.) and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable federal laws. Endeavors, Inc. and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. also complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location its employees are working. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Endeavors, Inc. and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. are "Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers."
- Starts On: April 17, 2018, 11:28 a.m.