Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk - Houston, TX
- Job ID: 3462
- Location: Houston, Texas, US
- Employment status: Experienced Professional
- Employment type: Permanent
Responsible for all facets of the Accounts Payable process.
Roles And Responsibilities
Coordinate Accounts Payable process:
- Review invoices for proper purchase orders, coding, and authorization.
- Key vendor and inter-company AP invoices.
- Generate checks according to the business calendar and emergency manual check asrequired.
- Respond to vendor payment inquires in a timely and professional manner.
- Create and maintain vendor files.
- Compile and organize 1099 information to satisfy filing requirements.
- Create and maintain document files.
- Provide support for other business functions
- Assist the accounting team and other departments when needed.
- Ensure field office personnel follow existing accounting policies and procedures.
- Handle other task as assigned.
- Observes and follows all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, includingsafety program and quality management system.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Come to work regularly and on time.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Work well while under supervision.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work while under stress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
- 3+ years recent experience in high volume, full cycle Accounts Payable processingrequired
- Strong work ethic; must be committed to success of organization.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Experience with Deltek Vision preferred; ability to learn new software acceptable.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Highly organized.
- Able to work well independently and with others from different backgrounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate’s degree in accounting or businesspreferred.
- 3-5 year’s experience is required.
- Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filingsystems and business letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling,punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Performs moderate work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligibleamount of force constantly to move objects.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusivestandards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other relatedduties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Starts On: April 17, 2018, 11:28 a.m.