Human Resources Manager
- Administrative Offices, South Loop East Freeway, Houston, TX
The Library Director's Executive Team is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and enhancing the Library's employee relations and human resources services, policies, programs and practices to maximize the performance of its human resources assets.
Reports to the Library Director; manages the Human Resources and Training for Harris County Public Library.
- Develops and administers various human resources services, plans and procedures for Library employees.
- Keeps confidential employee information and files confidential.
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department and participates in the development of department goals and objectives.
- Maintains personnel by establishing a recruiting, interviewing and selection process.
- Collaborates with management to update job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to establish competitive compensation programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Oversees the evaluation, classification and rating of job positions.
- Works with the Director and Harris County Budget Management in the implementation and update of the compensation program.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensures planning, monitoring and appraisal of employees' job performance through appropriate training of managers and supervisors.
- Coaches management through difficult issues and provides guidance on appropriate disciplinary actions.
- Counsels employees and supervisors, conducts internal investigations and assists with grievance processes.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Analyzes training needs to develop, implement and monitor leadership, management, professional development and health and safety programs.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training programs through visual confirmation, social ownership and skill assessment.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational conferences, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Obtains a minimum of 20 training hours per calendar year.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree, from an accredited college or university, in Human Resource Management, or a related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years' Human Resources experience with three (3) years' of demonstrated experience in the development, delivery and evaluation of Leadership, Management, Professional Development, Health and Safety Training Programs required.
- Subject to sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Occasional lifting of objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation; but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration.
- Master's Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or Business Administration, SPHR® or SHRM-SCP™ and CPLP® Certifications
- Full time, 40 + hours per week (FLSA exempt position)
- Monday - Friday
- Based on 26 Pay Period
- Starts On: April 17, 2018, 11:28 a.m.