Senior Customer Service Clerk
Division/Section: Environmental Health Services/Consumer Health Services
Workdays & Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
*Subject To Change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Houston Health Department is seeking an energetic, flexible, team-oriented candidate with a passion for customer service to work part-time as a Senior Customer Service Clerk.
The Senior Customer Service Clerk will perform such duties as;
- Handling food and pool complaints received from citizens and entering and assigning them to the appropriate supervisor as needed.
- Completing pre-opening reservation that are made via mail, phone or walk-ins. Processing permit fee for food and pool accounts received via mail, online or in person daily and reconciling.
- Providing administrative support for the Manager's certification, permits, pool and food inspection program. Entering data from various forms and documents, producing reports and printing permits.
- Greeting visitors, guests, and other customers and answering routine questions or referring customers to others according to established procedures
- May also provide support on special projects as scheduled by the Bureau.
There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions. Requires the ability to make simple gross motor responses within large tolerances.
Requires a high school diploma or a GED.
One (1) year of clerical/customer service experience is required.
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
SELECTION / SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED: No
Department may administer skills assessment test
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION: No
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
SALARY INFORMATION: Special Funds Position
Grant and Special funded positions are dependent upon continued available funds. If funding is no longer available, the employee may be laid off or transferred.
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
PAY GRADE: 12
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during posting opening and closing dates shown. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm For application status inquires please contact 832-393-4897.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided. If you need special services or accommodations, please call TTY 7-1-1.
EEO Equal Employment Opportunity
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
- Starts On: April 17, 2018, 11:28 a.m.