Out of Network Medical Collector
Texas Managerial Medical Services is a dynamic and well established physician management services group currently seeking a highly qualified Out of Network Medical Collectors, for a full time opportunity in the Cypress area.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of experience with out of network medical collections, meeting filing deadlines, appeal process and negotiation processes. Experience with dealing with specific carries such as BCBS, Aetna, UHC is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform scheduled follow up on accounts by working the Aged Reports
- Make telephone calls to payors with delinquent balances to collect appropriate amounts
- Document collection activity performed on each account
- Resolve third party payment issues resulting from claims processing errors
- Process appeals
- Conduct regular follow up on unresolved appeals
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the field of Medical collections
- Experience working with explanation of benefits, CPT/ICD-9/10 coding
- Insurance A/R follow-up
- May provide coordination of billing activities among peers, including recognition of problems and researching options for the supervisor or manager
- Calculate out-of-pocket amounts for advanced diagnostic service.
If you are proactive with strong time management and organizational skills, take pride and ownership in your contribution, are flexible and willing to adapt to a changing environment and want to be part of a growing organization, this could be your next long term role.
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Free Life Insurance
- Generous 401K Match
- Paid Holidays
- PTO Accrual
Job Type: Full-time
- Houston, TX 77065
- High school or equivalent
- working denied claims: 2 years
- Medical Collections: 2 years
- processing appeals: 2 years
- URL: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/1960-Family-Practice/jobs/Out-Network-Medical-Collector-3d3f637ed7974f35?sjdu=QwrRXKrqZ3CNX5W-O9jEvaD5ub8qHV3UNH5HOjPQEhyX_cVIxKlMkDKIUiSFxqv5od8zxxgr4ChjR1bSWq4XwNOV5kLAX3SqFzTxBTDCSes
- Starts On: Feb. 2, 2017, 10:21 a.m.