Al’s Formal Wear recognizes that we need dynamic sales associates in our stores if we are to reach and/or exceed our goals. The sales associates in our stores play an important role in the growth and profitability of Al’s Formal Wear. We are looking for highly motivated individuals, who are fast learners, creative, dynamic and team players. For our part, we offer a Company with a work environment that is supportive, enabling of success and which rewards hard work. We promote success through our commitment to ongoing training and development, and by rewarding ambition. Over the years, Al’s Formal Wear has established a reputation as a company with a sales force of people with the highest degrees of professionalism, integrity and commitment to customer service. If you think you might want to be part of such a team, then Al’s Formal Wear just might be the place for you.
The sales associates, who we call Formal Wear Consultants, work in a store with a seasoned professional to learn the business practices, policies and culture of Al’s Formal Wear. They work closely with the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager in assisting with store operations and to plan, execute and develop sales strategies for the store. The sales associate has a strong presence in interacting with customers to solve problem issues, assisting in the rental and sales processes, and ensuring an outstanding customer experience. The sales associate position is an entry level position in preparation for an Assistant Store Manager position.
- Assist in maximizing sales and profits.
- Know sales goal, actual sales and trends to achieve plan.
- Ensure promotions are set and markdowns are taken in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner.
- Ensure proper execution and maximize productivity of key programs such as Tuxedo and Wedding Packages.
- Responsible for compliance with standards of measurables, including: sizing, customer service, sales, controllable expenses, markdowns, safety, shortage and associate turnover.
- Responsible for operating store to Company standards.
- Ensure highest level of customer service is provided to all customers at all times and customer expectations are exceeded.
- Implement and adhere to company’s customer service standards, and insist every customer is acknowledged, thanked, and invited to return. A
- Adhere to the guidelines to create a pleasant shopping experience for every customer.
- Maintain high level of merchandise presentation to company published standards and best practices.
- Ensure daily adherence to standards across all areas of business (floor plans, adjacencies, density of merchandise flow, etc.).
- React to all current direction and update merchandise presentation accordingly.
- Maintain and uphold standard of “Cleanest Store in Town,” including sales floor, bathrooms, fitting rooms, offices (Team One), wrap stations, associate break room, stockrooms, receiving and storage areas.
- Execute all store operations, policies and procedures, key initiatives and best practices.
- Work with Store Manager to develop and execute plans for store to improve profitability, greater productivity and efficiency.
- Monitor fitting rooms and high risk areas of store.
- Comply with Company guidelines governing daily audit procedures, deposits, credit card transactions and cash handling.
- Ensure compliance with procedures for receiving, shipping, sorting, and processing merchandise shipped from Corporate.
- Ensure proper store opening and closing procedures are followed and that store is secure at time of closing.
- Ensure damages are documented and reported according to procedures.
- Ensure retention of records and files as directed by procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High School Degree.
- 2-5 or more years of retail experience.
- Computer literacy
- URL: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Al's-Formal-Wear/jobs/Formalwear-Consultant-00b0e7f80e21cc9b?q=sales+retail
- Starts On: Jan. 26, 2017, 11:32 a.m.