CORESTAFF Services310 reviews -Houston, TX
$13.50 - $18.00 an hour
We are looking Saw Operators in the 290/Telge Area. Please submit your resumes for immediate consideration if you meet the below requirements. This is a Direct Hire Opportunity with an International Manufacturing Company.
*Must be able to pass Background and Drug Screen
*Must have copy of High School Diploma/GED
*Complete an Evaluation Questionnaire (conducted at our facility)
Education, Training, Experience:
High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge, skills, abilities
- Basic Math skills; knowledge of machines, set up procedures, operational methods, material identification and production requirements.
- Set up and operate power saws (reciprocating, band or circular) to cut material to required lengths or contour in accordance with specifications.
- Install saw blades prescribed for type of material, set stop gauges, saw speeds and indexing mechanisms such as may be provided for automatic positing of materials: may be required to replace and align band saw blades.
- Position and secure materials on bed of machine using clamping arrangements or fixturing devises: check pilot piece for dimension.
- Contour cutting on a band saw may require the scribing of cutting lines on material from templates or the setting of radius pins for circular cuts.
- Use scale, square, protractor, templates and samples.
- Other duties as assigned
- Spends 100% of time in shop area and yard. Exposed to possible shop hazards, including high noise and eye injuries.
- Physical demands: computer work, sits, walks, bends, stands, stoops, lifts
Pay: $13.50-$18.00 Depending on Experience
- High school or equivalent
- Saw Operator: 1 year
- URL: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/CORESTAFF-Services/jobs/Saw-Operator-f80aed3f81820408?q=manufacturing
- Starts On: Jan. 27, 2017, 10:53 a.m.