Hotel Granduca Houston is the first jewel in the crown of the Granduca Hotels hospitality group. A leader in luxury hotels, Granduca Houston is the only hotel in Houston to receive Leading Hotels of the World designation . Located in the heart of Uptown/Galleria area, the hotel is reminiscent of a private Italian villa, consisting of 122 luxury rooms and suites and Ristorante Cavour, one of Houston's renowned fine dining restaurants.
The Language of Luxury, Service and Serenity
The part time Food Runner is responsible for supporting all F&B outlets to ensure exceptional service to our guests.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ensure adequate inventory of dishes and required items in assigned culinary station
- Deliver menu items and orders from kitchen to the serving areas in a timely and professional manner
- Monitor and verify accuracy of orders before transporting items to serving area
- Prepare mise en place for service daily
- Maintain ongoing communication with servers and culinary team and Executive Chef to ensure timeliness and accuracy in order and delivery
- Assist servers in communicating special requests and needs to culinary team
- Prepare containers and condiments for "to go" orders
- Adhere to Federal, State, OSHA and safety laws and regulations
- Follow the LQA and hotel's standards, policies and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of all food and beverage items
- Learn and understand new food and beverage items and ingredients
- Prepare garnishes and condiments as required
- Adhere to the hotel's Daily Core Values and 3 Steps of Service
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- Minimum requirement high school education or equivalent
- One year of related experience in a full-service or luxury hotel
- Demonstrate excellent command of English, verbal and written
- Bilingual - English and Spanish - preferred
- Ability to lift/carry, push and pull at least 30 lbs. frequently
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, bend, crouch, use both hands for long periods
- TABC certificate required
- Food Handlers or Serve Safe certification required
- Must be available to work any shift, including weekends and holidays, based on business demands
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.GRANDUCAHOUSTON.COM AND CLICK ON "CAREERS".
Hotel Granduca Houston is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent
- related: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications:
- TABC certificate
- Food Handler's certificate
- URL: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Hotel-Granduca-Houston/jobs/Food-Runner-863ca3c870ceb568?q=beverage+and+hospitality
- Starts On: Jan. 26, 2017, 8:13 a.m.