Host and Hostess
Want to work for a company that is revolutionizing the Houston Airport dining scene?
Join the OTG Team and have the opportunity to connect travelers to restaurants inspired by some of Houston’s most notable chefs, thousands of iPads equipped with OTG’s award winning customer experience platform, flo®, farm‐to-terminal offerings from local markets and spaces designed by renowned architecture firm Rockwell Group.
The OTG Host has a critical role to play in our company's groundbreaking transformation of the airport experience. At OTG, we view travel as a lifestyle, and our mission is to treat the airport itself as a destination. By combining great food, world-class beverage programs, cutting edge design and state-of-the-art technology, OTG is delivering a traveler's oasis, a place within the airport where the pressures of the day soon recede.
As an OTG Host, you will be our front line, the point of contact between our guests and the full OTG experience. Here's your opportunity to learn the very best hospitality, skills earn a great income, and build a career in a vibrant team-oriented environment, while meeting people on-the-go from all points on the globe.
The OTG Host must possess strong interpersonal skills, a sunny disposition, and a positive outlook all the while adhering to the OTG Core Steps of Service. They must ensure that each guest enjoys an outstanding OTG Experience by creating a warm and friendly environment that leaves the strongest of impressions on our guests.
- Welcome guests at the entrance of our establishments
- Show guests to their table and present menus
- Know and adhere to the 5-10 Rule
- Maintain a clean and orderly front door area
- Maintain a solid product knowledge
- Evenly manage the work load between servers
- Aid servers when necessary, while maintaining a watchful eye ont he entrance to the restuarant
- Communicate guest concerns and complaints to managers immediately
- Maintain a clean, neat, well-groomed appearance
- Maintain knowledge of airport, terminal and restuarants; offer information, recommendations, etc.
- Must remain alert and positive throughout their entire shift
- Must know the restuarant's menu and floor plan
- Must create a pleasant dining environment for guests
- Must have a full understanding of the OTG iPad experience
- Must have the ability to enthusiastically introduce the iPad and answer any questions posed by guests
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be fully conversational in English
- Must be mobile and able to stand for extended periods
- Must be flexible as it might be necessary to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and inclement weather conditions
- URL: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/OTG-Houston/jobs/Host-Hostess-1fed8fa4fbef3e21?sjdu=QwrRXKrqZ3CNX5W-O9jEvQlwfQw50i3qUoCl4uW6uYmcqA26X3gVR3MQ7LLnICRWfYsBm0AFyfhMYgsXuiWssA
- Starts On: Jan. 26, 2017, 9:14 a.m.