Customer Service Representative
Responsibilities: It starts with great chemistry.
Univar is more than a distribution company – we’re a leading, global partner dedicated to improving the quality of life through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the world’s most essential industries. Founded in 1924, with global headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, Univar generated $10.4 billion in sales in 2014. We are a leading global chemical distributor and provider of innovative value-added services with the #1 market position in North America and the #2 market position in Europe.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people – people like you – and today, our worldwide team of more than 8,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. If you’re looking for an experience where your everyday actions will make a positive difference, you’ve come to the right place.
We invite you to join our company as Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX.
The CSR I is responsible for leading and ensuring effective sales order management. Serves as single point of contact to provide consistent, positive customer experience. Responsible for initial order entry, management of order changes, and coordinating order fulfillment. Empowered to make decisions on behalf of company in alignment with Univar strategy, guiding principles and customer satisfaction. Leads resolution of service issues that directly impact customer order fulfillment. Assists in earning “Customers for Life” through the establishment of positive customer relationships while enhancing customer satisfaction and confidence. Suggests additions to sales orders based on customer purchase history, knowledge of vertical markets, and commercial strategy. Gathers market intelligence for entry into CRM System.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives and processes customer purchase orders
• Develops solutions to customer needs/opportunities
• Builds and sustains long-term customer partnerships
• Displays effective interpersonal & communication skills (internal/external)
• Demonstrates knowledge of Univar USA Inc.
• Teamwork: collaborates with team members
• Understands, generally, about competitors and their services
• Resolves problems/nonconformance quickly
• Completes all paperwork, reports and administrative tasks in a timely, complete and accurate manner
• Customer-facing issues that directly impact order fulfillment
• Price quotations within established guidelines
Qualifications: Specialized Knowledge/Skills:
• Communication and active listening skills
• Telephone skills
• Knowledge of Univar USA products, services, and the industries we serve
• MS Office, keyboarding and basic PC skills – UVX /ERP System Skills
• General knowledge of pricing and marketing strategy
• 1-2+ years with prior customer service, customer solutions and/or sales experience;
• Relevant internship experience equally beneficial to the role
• ERP/CRM experience preferred
To Apply: Send resume with "CSR – Houston – 2017-0028" in the subject line to: CSCareers@univar.com
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous vacation and sick leave and much more.
- URL: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=8140183e650e9a1b&q=customer+service&l=Houston%2C+TX&tk=1b7dqa6qraesr931&from=web
- Starts On: Jan. 26, 2017, 9:14 a.m.