Warehouse - Distribution
Century A/C Supply Warehouse
Job Location: Winkler 77017 - Houston, TXHigh SchoolDescription
The general warehouse employee is responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the warehouse through various functional duties which may include the shipping, receiving and/or transfers departments.
- Load and unload merchandise using necessary machinery and tools;
- Pull and prepare orders to be shipped or picked up by customer;
- Ensure neat and orderly warehouse area, including loading docks;
- Complete appropriate paperwork to track and ship merchandise per company procedure and/or vendor instruction;
- Complete appropriate reports per management’s request;
- Perform cycle count duties as well as annual inventory;
- Communicate with warehouse management regarding inventory related issues including discrepancies, damage and non-stock inventory;
- Assist the inside sales representatives and/or drivers as needed;
- Must be able to lift/maneuver up to 50lbs. without machinery assistance;
- Continuous walking, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, stooping, carrying
- See HR for a more detailed explanation of the physical demands of this position.
Educational Requirements and/or Experience Required
At least a high school diploma. No prior warehouse experience necessary, however at least 6 months of warehouse/construction experience is preferred.
- Basic mathematics skills (add, divide, multiply and subtract units of measure)
- Ability to interpret instruction
- Ability to operate warehouse machinery
- Starts On: Feb. 28, 2018, 4:26 p.m.