Established Law Firm client located in downtown Houston is looking for an Accountant to join their team. This position is responsible for supporting the General Ledger accounting and/or Tax function by applying the principals of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Ensuring that financial information complies with the Firms policies and regulatory standards, including international laws and regulations.Some responsibilities will include:
- Compile and analyze information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts documenting business transactions
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities and capital.
- Prepares account reconciliations on a quarterly basis and resolves open items in a timely manner
- Will coordinate with office administrators and accounting personnel in Firm branch offices domestically and overseas to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial information
- Support the preparation of Federal income tax reporting including Partner K-1 and Form 1065, New York and Connecticut state income tax reporting and various other states as they are identified; Sales and Use Tax reporting (client open to training on NY and CT tax laws or GB income tax and VAT reporting)
- Will support accounts payable vendor set ups for 1099 reporting
- Assist with other duties and special projects as needed
- Salary $65-70K
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business or related field
- One to three years of financial accounting experience
- Strong communication skills within all levels of the organization
- Proficient Excel skills required
- Analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to multi-task
- URL: http://www.adroitpartners.net/content/careers/jobs?cjobid=YM858401127&rpid=77085&postid=kP_jetG-fmI
- Starts On: Feb. 2, 2017, 10:29 a.m.