Licensed Vocational Nurse
Spring Branch Community Health Center is a private, non-profit community health center providing quality and affordable healthcare services to the underserved community of Spring Branch. Our mission is to provide comprehensive healthcare services to all patients and to become the healthcare home for residents in this community.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse reports to the Clinical Nurse Manager and is responsible for providing clinical guidance and training to Medical Assistant staff, working with providers to enhance patient care within the clinic, providing direct patient care, and supporting the implementation of clinical quality improvement plans. The Licensed Vocational Nurse will provide comprehensive nursing services to patients including assessment, teaching, counseling, and prevention services to promote health throughout the community.
- Current license to practice as a LVN in Texas
- Two years of nursing experience in health center or similar setting
- Bilingual — English/Spanish is required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee inventory of clinical supplies, vaccines, and medications in conjunction with lead MA.
- Perform clinical skill competency assessment for new Medical Assistant staff and every 3 years for all Medical Assistants. Creates improvement plan according to results of competency assessment and implements/monitors the improvement plan.
- Audit completion of CLIA waived lab control testing per policy.
- Perform Documentation audits for Lead Medical Assistants per policy to ensure high quality record keeping. Monitors for improvement based on feedback during audit review.
- Perform and manage Patient Recalls for Diabetes, HTN, and Colorectal Cancer Screening per policy.
- Following standing order policies as directed by CMO.
- Support implementation of standardized processes/policies for all SBCHC locations at the designated site.
- Support implementation of Quality Improvement Plans at designated site, including participation in PIC meeting.
- Evaluate clinical processes as needed and manage team towards efficient and patient-centered care.
- Be a leader in knowledge of health center policies and use of electronic medical record.
- Assess, plan, direct and evaluate total nursing care as determined by the patient’s age related physical, psychosocial, and cultural needs in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures of the health center.
- Provide patient advocacy- acts as a resource and contact person for patients.
- Provide information related to plan of care at a level appropriate to patient age and identified learning needs.
- Perform and documents patient history, assessment, procedures, labs, medications/immunizations, and plans as necessary. Perform procedures such as removal of sutures and changing of dressings.
- Utilize universal precautions in obtaining specimens (venipuncture, cultures, etc) and in delivery of patient care.
- Triage calls or visits from clients and caregivers. Determine needs and initiate appropriate action such as intervention, appointment.
- Assess the immunization status of patients. In accordance with written protocols, administer immunizations and document immunization records.
- Ensure that client records are kept secure and confidential and maintained consistent with policies and procedures and HIPAA standards.
- Demonstrate an ability to remain calm during peak periods of activity and in emergency situations- leads support staff in responding to clinic/patient needs during these times.
- Stay abreast of changes in nursing field by attending classes and seminars approved by supervisor as well as reading professional journals and papers.
- All Health Center staff members have emergency and disaster response responsibilities: Participate in all safety programs which may include assignment to an emergency response team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position does REQUIRE commuting between our 5 clinic locations located in Spring Branch area.
Job Type: Full-time
- Nursing: 2 years
Required license or certification:
For more information on our locations, please visit our website: www.sbchc.net
Applu on-line through web site
- Starts On: May 2, 2017, 11:07 a.m.