||Transportation Fleet Manager
||Auxiliary (Skilled Labor)
||See Compensation Plan - Auxiliary Support Staff
||Responsible for performing mechanical work on district buses and vehicles.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must have an acceptable driving record as determined by the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- Must be able to obtain a class B CDL Driver's license with a P & S endorsement within 60 days of your hire date.
- ASE automotive or school bus certification desirable.
- Practice regular and reliable attendance.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication with Supervisors and coworkers.
- Possess knowledge of hand tools and shop equipment operation.
- Pass all district requirements for new employees.
- Must have three (3) years working knowledge of vehicle components and operation of brake, cooling, fuel, starting and charging systems, and be able to efficiently repair failures of each system.
|Major Duties and
|Maintenance and Repair:
- Repair and replacement of bolt on components.
- Service transmission, engine and chassis lubrication and fuel system.
- Test, adjust, replace and repair starting, charging and lighting systems.
- Test, adjust, replace and repair engine performance on gasoline powered vehicles.
- Perform tire work.
- Perform any and all mechanical repairs as necessary.
- Follow shop safety guidelines and attend safety meetings.
- Keep shop equipment operational and safe.
- Participate in cross training and attend in-service training and safety meetings as required by the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
||Shop equipment, including ladders, power tools, mops, brooms, etc.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Continual standing, walking, pushing, and pulling.
- Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling and climbing (ladder), moderate lifting and carrying.
- Moderate exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures.
||Click Apply then Login. To complete your application, please visit our website at http://www.springbranchisd.com and click on CAREERS then APPLY NOW / AUXILIARY (SKILLED LABOR).
|Spring Branch Independent School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title IX and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status or disability.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.