Master Eye Associates is recruiting for an outgoing, friendly, and team oriented candidate to join our staff as an Optometric Assistant. The Optometic Assistant is responsible for scheduling appointments, verifying insurance coverage, maintaining accurate patient records, and performing preliminary testing before the Optometrist starts comprehensive examination. Optometic Assistant will also be charged with educating patients on lens insertion and removal and overall care of contact lenses. Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedule appointments in our Crystal EMR
- Confirm the schedule: call appointments the day before to confirm the appointment time.
- Responsible for verifying insurances, understanding each benefits, and submitting claims to insurances
- Handle patients’ FLOW efficiently. Answer patients’ questions, check patients in and out, collect payments, monitor and perform other front desk tasks as needed. Able to perform duties related to EMR proficiently. Maintain complete and accurate patient records.
- Perform preliminary testing, data collection, and entering medical records in EMR.
- Measuring prescription on spectacles.
- Instruct patients on the insertion, removal, cleaning, care and proper handling of their contact lenses.
- Order trials, stock, and notifying patients when their contact lenses are available for dispensing.
- Clean and maintain equipment and instruments in the optometric area and cover equipment nightly as well as supply inventories and ensure inventory is not expired.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
- High School Diploma, General Education Diploma (GED) or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of computer skills, word, and excel.
- No experience needed. Training in office. Must complete company training programs within the required time frame
- Able to work a varying schedule to include: days, weekends, and holidays
- Willing to travel to work/train in different Master Eye Associates locations (Memorial city mall and Highland Village .
If you are prohibited from working on a government contract, this may disqualify you from consideration for this position.
Master Eye Associates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or disabled veteran, or any other status protected by Federal, state or local law.
- High school or equivalent
- URL: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Master-Eye-Associates/jobs/Optometric-Assistant-3ba3c73612e6eda8?q=entry+level
- Starts On: June 7, 2017, 11:42 a.m.