Security Guard - The Briar Club
Job Scope: This position maintains safe and secure environment for members, guests and staff by patrolling and monitoring facilities. Job Responsibilities:
- Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of all facilities, gates, and parking garage.
- Monitor entrance and departure of employees, members, guests, and vendors to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Investigate and respond to alarms by following protocol.
- Monitor security/”after hours” phone calls, radios, cameras and alarm/HVAC systems.
- Dispatch appropriate EMS, fire and/or law enforcement resources in accordance with protocol.
- Note and report all irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences and damages via log books, email, or other approved methods. Follow up on any missing information/reports.
- Maintains a visual uniformed security presence at all times.
- Provide assistance to members, guests, and staff as needed (examples, jump start vehicle, proper parking locations).
- Address member, guest, and staff concerns if necessary; otherwise, refer any member, guest, staff, and vendor conflict to appropriate manager or MOD.
- Issue and log all building keys in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Lock and open designated buildings/offices as required.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintain current log of member/staff parking credentials to include all updates.
- Understand the Club’s Emergency Action Plan and evacuation procedures. Carry out emergency procedures as necessary.
- Maintain security area in a clean and orderly manner.
Reports Directly to: Assistant Club House Manager
Schedule: Shifts will vary to include nights, weekends, and holiday to cover operational needs seven days a week.
Skills/Qualifications: Lifting, Surveillance Skills, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management, Professionalism, Reporting Skills
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must have a high school diploma or its equivalent;
- Must have the ability to communicate fluently in written and spoken English. (Second language is desirable);
- Must be computer literate;
- Ability to remain calm, think, and make decisions under stress;
- Must have a Level 3 Commissioned License
- Must have a valid State of Texas Driver’s License;
- Must obtain and maintain CPR, AED, and 1st Aid certifications;
- Must have clean criminal and motor vehicle records;
- Must present and neat and clean appearance;
- Must be physically fit – running, jumping, protecting one’s self from physical harm may be required. Officers may also be required to stand for extended periods both indoors and outdoors in the heat, cold, rain, etc.;
- Must have good interpersonal skills;
- Military, law enforcement, emergency medical or significant security experience is preferred;
- Must have the ability to multi-task, in a fast-paced customer service oriented environment;
- Must be willing to take the initiative, and have the ability to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision;
- URL: https://www.thebriarclub.com/club/careers
- Starts On: Feb. 28, 2018, 4:26 p.m.