Teaching Assistant -Part Time
Under direct supervision, performs duties that are instructional in nature or may deliver direct services to students or parents. Serves in a position for which a teacher or another professional has ultimate responsibility for the design and implementation of educational programs and services. Assists with test administration. May provide specialized assistance for students with special needs.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
List most important duties first
- Assists teacher(s) with student academic goals, by working with small groups of children or an individual child.
- Assists teacher(s) in the enforcement of classroom management and behavioral plans, creating an environment that is appropriate for learning.
- Assists with supervising students during breakfast, recess, lunch, dismissal, special events, and programs.
- Assists teacher(s) in the preparation of paperwork for the ARD/IEP process. Collects and enters data for completion of special education reports and documents.
- Assists teacher(s) with the planning, preparation and implementation of differentiated instruction for individual students and groups.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: See Licensing/Certification Requirements below
WORK EXPERIENCE: No experience
TYPE OF SKILL AND/OR REQUIRED LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB) requires that paraprofessionals who have instructional support duties in the core academic subject areas and who are working in a Title I, Part A program must have a high school diploma or its equivalent and meet ONE of the following qualifications: Completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education (48 college hours); or Obtained an associate’s (or higher) degree; or Completion of the 21st Century Learning Paraprofessional Series for more information info@21- learn.com or www.21-learn.com. Passing scores from the Texas Higher Education Assessment (THEA) [formerly the TASP] test. The minimum score needed to pass the Reading and Mathematics Sections is 230. For the Writing Section, the minimum passing score is 220 and a writing sample score of 6 or above. For more information, call the National Evaluation Systems, Inc. at 512-927-5397 or visit www.tasp.nesinc.com.
- URL: https://jobs.houstonisd.org/job/Houston-Teaching-Assistant-Part-Time-TX-77001/408282900/?feedId=183600&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=HISD_Indeed
- Starts On: June 7, 2017, 11:42 a.m.