GEODIS is a Supply Chain Operator ranking among the top companies in its field in Europe and the World. GEODIS, which is part of SNCF Logistics, which in turn is a business line of the SNCF Group, is the number one Transport and Logistics operator in France and ranked number four in Europe. The international reach includes a direct presence in 67 countries and a global network spanning over 120 countries. With its five Lines of Business (Supply Chain Optimization, Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, Distribution & Express and Road Transport), GEODIS manages its customers Supply Chain by providing end-to-end solutions enabled by our people, our infrastructure, processes and systems.
In the US, GEODIS operates more than 137 value-added distribution centers, offers comprehensive transportation management services, employs over 10,000 individuals, and creates global supply chain solutions for companies of all sizes. Our teams of transportation and fulfillment professionals have experience in direct-to-consumer fulfillment, serve a wide range of business sectors from specialty retail to manufacturing, and specialize in the apparel, electronics, healthcare, food and beverage, and consumer packaged goods industries.
GEODIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title:Requisition Number:Position Type:City:Campus:State/Province:Job Description:Requirements: Warehouse Operator 22508 Full Time Houston South Texas
The Warehouse Operator 2 is responsible for operating forklift, pallet jack, cherry picker and/or other material handling equipment as part of the distribution process within a fast paced warehouse setting. The Warehouse Operator will utilize equipment while performing tasks to include shipping, receiving, unloading, scanning, moving, staging, loading, locating, relocating, and stacking product.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, and/or distributed
- Pulls and prepares product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code
- Assembles customer orders from stock, stage orders and/or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department according to OH or customer pick sheet
- Loads, unloads, moves, stacks and stages products and materials using a fork lift, pallet jack, clamp truck or other power equipment
- Maintains equipment by keeping it clean and safe, reporting service requests as needed
- Assists in maintaining the security of the warehouse by conducting operations in a manner which promotes safety
- Checks orders for exactness and neatness according to ISO 9001 procedures
- Marks materials with identifying information
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards
- Efficiently moves and loads product from staging and/or storage areas into trailers often using power equipment
- Unloads inbound freight safely and moves products to storage locations
- Performs picking duties in an efficient manner that meets both company and customer standards
- Assists with physical inventories and cycle counts, ensuring proper stock rotation
- Assists in distribution center/warehouse cleanup as required
- Assists new employees in understanding policies and procedures of the warehouse or distribution center
- Other duties as required and assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience:
- High school education or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- 1 to 2 years of experience and/or training in a warehouse environment
- Experience using minimum of 4 pieces of warehouse equipment
- Exposure to Tier 1 or 2 warehouse management system or comparable system
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to learn proper operations of warehouse equipment
While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms. This position may be required to stoop, kneel, or crouch as it relates to product handling and distribution,and must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position will be regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
- Starts On: April 17, 2018, 11:28 a.m.