||Surplus Warehouse Material Handler/Driver
||Assigned Building and Grounds Supervisor
||Auxiliary (Skilled Labor)
||See Compensation Plan - Auxiliary Support Staff
||Responsible for stocking, picking and delivering of goods, i.e. supplies, furniture, textbooks, etc. The person is responsible for operating district vehicles and material handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- CDL with air brakes preferred. Receive CDL within 90 days after employment.
- Neat personal appearance and good work habits.
- Ability to work with people effectively.
- Ability to follow instructions and plan work.
- Ability to perform routine mathematical calculations.
- Familiarity with school locations preferred.
- Occasional overtime required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in Spanish, preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years experience, warehouse experience preferred.
|Major Duties and
- Accurate and careful handling of receiving, stocking and shipping duties.
- Accurate handling of all required paper work.
- Take physical inventory as scheduled.
- As assigned, will work with regular stock, consigned goods or moving and storage of furniture and equipment.
- Utilize the computer in accessing inventory information and other work related electronic communication in English.
- Safe operation on and off campuses of vehicles as large as bob-tail vans.
- Safe operation and maintenance of large warehouse forklifts and other material handling equipment.
- Maintain a safe environment in warehouse.
- Clean and maintain warehouse facilities.
- Work in adverse weather conditions when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|Supervise assigned grounds worker(s).
||Computer, printer, calculator, copier, fax machine, ladder, scaffold, jacks, lift equipment, light van, seat belts, radio communication equipment, cellular phone and video monitoring equipment.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to perform extensive and repetitive physical activities, including but not limited to pushing-pulling, bending, reaching, carrying and regular lifting of 105 pounds.
- Sitting, standing, walking, climbing (stairs, ladder, scaffold, or ramps), balancing, stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Repetitive hand motions, hearing, speaking clearly, visual acuity, distinguishing colors, driving box truck and van.
- Exposure to temperature extremes (hot or cold).
- Exposure to humidity extremes. Exposure to noise.
- Exposure to low or intense illumination. Exposure to vibration. Exposure to microwaves.
- Exposure to chemical hazards (asbestos, fumes, vapors, gases, dust, smoke, etc.). Work outside.
- Prolonged exposure to sunlight. Work around moving objects or vehicles.
- Work around machinery with moving parts. Work on slippery surfaces. Work on uneven surfaces.
- Work alone.
||Click Apply then Login. To complete your application, please visit our website at http://www.springbranchisd.com and click on CAREERS then APPLY NOW / AUXILIARY (SKILLED LABOR).
|Spring Branch Independent School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title IX and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status or disability.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.